Friday, December 26, 2008

Bring on 2009!

Christmas is over, and 2009 is right around the corner. We enjoyed our first Christmas in Pennsylvania. We made a lot of precious memories together as a family. We witnessed joy and excitement in our children as they opened their gifts on Christmas morning. We also experienced joy in giving to others this year through participating in Operation Christmas Child, and have been praying for boys and girls all over the world who received the special packages this Christmas season. It's so easy to get caught up in the "I want, I want" mode at Christmas. I pray our family will be able to give more to others each passing year. 

As 2009 approaches, like many, I have been thinking about New Year's resolutions. This year I want to get a piano and start playing again. I also want to play with my children more. Sometimes I don't say "yes" enough to their requests because I think the laundry or dishes are more pressing. I want to say "yes" more in 2009, and I think I'm going to have a lot more fun! I want to read more classic literature. This has been a goal of mine for the past couple years, and I'm making some progress. In 2008, I enjoyed reading books by Louisa May Alcott, Charlotte Bronte, and John Bunyan. I also want to learn a little bit of Spanish before I leave for my 10-day mission trip to Peru in July!

So, what are your New Year's resolutions?

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
May 2009 be a year when you truly "delight yourself" in Him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Darn! I was almost the 1000th visitor today. Do I win a prize anyway? Oh yeah...I get to see everyone!

Totallyscrappy said...

What a precious photo,
A Peru missions trip sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear more.