Thursday, May 14, 2009

AWANA Awards Night 2009

The children have enjoyed participating in AWANA this year. T and K did Cubbies at our church in West Helena, AR, and here in our new church, they get to participate in Sparks! This was L's first year to be able to participate in AWANA, and she loved going to Cubbies every Wednesday night!

AWANA is a great club for kids to learn Scripture and begin hiding God's Word in their hearts. 

I love how the NASB translates Psalm 119:11.  
Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You.  

May the children not just hide God's Word in their hearts, but TRULY treasure it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the kids like their Awana's there. I never missed an Awana night but had to be in Little Rock the night of the awards. I made my cubbies promise to be good for the award night without me. Melanie said that they were. I think what I missed to most was that it was also pizza night and I didn't get my reward of pizza for a year of working. Raelynn said she ate my pizza for me. She is reminding more and more of Lauren. She is starting to soften up some and gets a little excited when she sees me. At least a 2 she will call me by name where some of the 4 year olds still say hey,hey. They have to really think when I say I don't answer to hey, just my name. Love my cubbies for me.

Love,
Jimmie Ruth