Sunday, November 2, 2008

K's Baptism

On June 4, 2008, K prayed and accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior. K and I spent some time in her bedroom talking and praying together. When we came out and told her brother she had decided to ask Jesus into her life, he was very excited. T accepted Christ in August of 2007, and since then he has been praying for his sisters to understand how much they need Jesus. So, T told K all about the book of life and how the angels were all rejoicing in Heaven and having a big party just for her!

This is a letter I wrote K on June 7th, 2008

Dear Kaitlyn,
On June 4, 2008, you prayed and accepted Jesus as your Savior and Lord. At that very moment, all your sins were forgiven (past, present, and future). I want you to always remember that Jesus is holding on to you, and He will never let you go. You belong to Jesus now. Because you belong to Him, I pray you will always live your life in a way that pleases Him and makes Him smile. I love you, and it is my joy to be your mommy!
Love,
Mom

Tonight, on November 2, 2008, K followed the Lord in baptism. This summer when she prayed and accepted Christ, we were in a time of transition. She told us she wanted to wait until God called us to our "happy new home and our happy new church" before she was baptized. So, once we got moved, neither Mom or Dad brought the subject up or pushed. I believe it was on our second Sunday here in our new church when she began asking when she could be baptized.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki and Heath, What a blessing you are to me. I wish and pray that all families will raise their children to know Christ as their Savior. You will always be in my heart. I love and miss you,tell T,K and L I love them and want them to know me as someone who thinks they are very special in my life. God bless you all. Love,Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

Nikki and Heath, What a blessing you are to me. I wish and pray that all families will raise their children to know Christ as their Savior. You will always be in my heart. I love and miss you,tell T,K and L I love them and want them to know me as someone who thinks they are very special in my life. God bless you all. Love,Aunt Jan

Totallyscrappy said...

What an exciting day in your history. And the angels are rejoicing!

Anonymous said...

This is such a proud parent moment. It's so awesome to see children raised in loving Christian homes.

Unknown said...

How precious. Both my older children Christopher, 8 and Hannah 5 (well on this Friday) have accepted Jesus as their Savior. Neither one has decided they are ready for water baptism. Its the whole water over the face thing but maybe soon. They have both expressed more interest as of late. Congrats and it is awesome to watch our children grow in the fear and admonition of our Lord.