Saturday, October 24, 2009

Learning to Serve


The weekend of October 9th and 10th, our church participated in a service project called "Feed the Hungry." On Friday night the girls and I went to church and helped pack sack lunches, and K helped sort the socks, hats, and gloves that were also passed out. On Saturday night, Dad and T went and helped pass out the food, to pray with people, and to share Jesus with people if the opportunity was given. As parents, we want our children to learn how to serve. Jesus didn't come to be served, but to serve (Mt. 20:28).

Matthew 25:35-40

35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

No comments: